Special Head Temple of the Tendai sect / The 33-sacred Temple Kannon Pilgrimage Route in Saigoku
back to page top
The Layout Map (in a new tab)
Known as one of the most revered sub-temples in Engyoji Temple, Juryo-in was once called Muryoju-in. The records show it was visited by Emperor Go-Shirakawa in 1174 (Joan 4th yr) after his retirement and entry into the Buddhist priesthood.